Monday, December 29, 2008

Our holidays

I hope Christmas found you all blessed and merry. I know we here at the farm were. We spent a quiet morning at home, opening gifts and making egg nog french toast. Then we loaded up the SUV with two dogs and a bag of presents to take over to FarmerGeek's folks house. We did the present thing there and had some munchies. THEN we walked down the street to his aunt's house where we had dinner with a million relatives, some of the world's cutest kids, and a blind puppy dog. (And if anybody has the recipe for that broccoli salad I'd gladly pay or give up a kidney.) One of FarmerGeek's cousins was the lucky recipient of half a dozen eggs we brought to Pittsburgh the last time and she said they were good- the biggest eggs she'd ever seen. We'll keep her. She can have more eggs. Then we loaded the puppies up and started home. And slept. Until the puppy woke us (him) up!


The next day my parents came out with their two dogs. So that's four dogs in our house. Well two dogs and two puppies. Oh good Lord help us. The good news is that the Christmas tree didn't get knocked over. Saturday morning was, of course, chore morning. So there FarmerGeek and I are, up and out before dawn. We TRIED to let my folks sleep, but between our squeaky bathroom door, opening the garage, the crowing rooster, and the howling puppy who was not at all happy about being out in the cold and on a line to boot, they never had a chance. I warned them to bring old jeans and work boots, and we took them to the back forty to show them all that's back there. Because of all the animal holes and the fact we still aren't sure where the fox lives, we decided to bring the pellet gun. I actually had the chance to shoot it!


My folks got home safely last night. We were all stuffed because I cooked this weekend like I've never cooked before! (Well not really, but it's just an expression.) There was tortelloni soup on Friday, French toast Sat morning, Mac and Cheese (aka Kraft dinner) for lunch, country fried chicken, mashed potatoes with country gravy, and brussel sprouts in a balsamic glaze for dinner. Then Sunday morning was sausage gravy and biscuits with eggs of course, the pioneer girl beef stew with crusty homemade bread. Come stay at my house and get spoiled!!! LOL


Now I'm hungry...


Oh and for your amusement, our puppy with a picture of Jenna's book, which if I've never mentioned before you can buy it here.

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

If that's a typical menu at your house, put me on the visitor's list. Sounds like you had a nice Christmas...and I'm glad all went well!

Hve a good one...

Megan said...

It's only typical for company...

Let me know when you're in Ohio!