Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Oh what a night!

Late December back in... 2008? Oh well, on with the story!

So we were hit with a "winter weather event" aka FREEZING RAIN! The whole world was a sheet of ice. Even our gravel driveway was solid ice. (No the story does not end with me heading to the ER with a broken wrist. I don't break it every time there's freezing rain I swear!) We were all snug and comfy inside the homestead- until we started hearing siren after siren. At first I thought they were going to the nieghbors, but turns out they were headed up the road to where not one, but two separate cars had slid of the road into the ravine. We didn't know what was going on, so we plugged in the scanner and hoped it was a town stretch of road instead of county- our scanner doesn't go up to the higher numbers. We heard a call come in saying that one of the EMS vehicles had also slid off the road.

Is anyone shocked that my husband wanted to go see if he could help? I didn't think so. So he headed out with a bag of salt, and I threw on outdoor clothes and went.

The whole thing ended up being three cars off the road, two accidents, and one little girl who had to pee. (Who used our bathroom.)

Now the puppy's crying again, so I'm cutting this short....

No comments: