So we went to our favorite store and took the girls for the first time. I don't want to mention the name because I'm worried you might think badly of them and it's really not their fault. Let's just say it was a famous store in Amish Country Ohio and known for having all the the non-electric things we love, ok?
It's still my favorite place ever!
Here's the thing though, we sat down at the little cafe in the store to have some lunch, FarmerGeek, Del, Sparrow, and I. Del's favorite thing in the world is root beer I swear. As a treat we got them a glass bottle to split, a bottle for me, and FarmerGeek got a Cherry flavor I think. I don't know, it was red though. Note how I was the only one with an opaque bottle and no glass? Yeah I took a sip and thought it was a bit frozen. Yeah no, it was a bee. A yellowjacket in the bottle. Even thinking about it now makes be queasy. The problem?
I'm allergic to bees.
Not Epipen allergic, I don't go into anaphaltic shock, just regular, ordinary shock. In the store. And in the van. I hope no one noticed.
So the cafe manager type person came right over and was trying to maintain a calm presence, but you could see as she was filling out the accident report and opening the first aid kit, her hands were shaking worse than mine. I don't think she was thinking straight because she didn't offer me a refund or any type of compensation- not that I wanted any. But I think it would have been nice to offer my money back on the bottle of soda with a bee in it.
Although she did give me a glass to pour the next bottle of root beer in.
This is a true story. And yes, it could only happen to me.