Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Simple Woman's Day Book

For today

Outside my window it is... beautiful with a cool night, a sky full of stars and a (nearly?) full moon.
I am thinking about... adopting children.
I am thankful for... our quiet life.
From the kitchen... I am getting ready to make oatmeal butterscotch cookies even though roasted chicken is still in the air.
I can hear... the dog chewing on his leg. Weird dog.
I am wearing... beat up jeans, a black SHORT sleeved tee and the gray fleece hoodie. With obligatory LL Bean mocs.
I am reading... a Tracie Petersen book- lost track of which one.
I am hoping... that when I call the case worker tomorrow, she says we have a shot at getting those kids.
I am creating... two bedrooms and scarves.
Around the house... it's too quiet.
One of my favorite things... is a clean kitchen.
A few plans for the rest of the week are... to finish up the kids rooms.

You are invited to participate in The Simple Woman's Daybook where you will get to meet many others doing just as you are, sharing little aspects of their day.

3 comments:

HermitJim said...

I really like this post. I had a mental image the whole time I was reading it...and I could almost see the whole thing!

Very nice!

Anonymous said...

I hope your casework has good news for you. Good Luck!

FarmerGeek said...

Woo, Neal! Oh, I mean... Woo... Kids!

:-)