Friday, January 9, 2009

Perfectionism

Perfectionism sucks. Seriously, when you think of perfectionist, you automatically think of those women (or men) who are impeccably groomed, houses immaculate, elegantly coiffed, with lists and schedules, and who are quite frankly- well- perfect.

If only that were always true.

See, dear readers, the reason why I haven't posted since last week, is in fact the direct result of my perfectionism. Yes, I'm a perfectionist, it's true. I don't have an immaculate house, although I try, I'm not perfectly coiffed or very groomed, although I do usually make the effort. I have lists and schedules though... But I'm not what you would normally think of as a perfectionist. See the thing you don't know is that when a perfectionist can't perfectly do what they plan to do, mostly they give up. I just haven't been able to post because I had this perfect Happy New Year's post. All I had to do was take the camera upstairs and take a picture. Of course, the upstairs is off limits to the puppy unless is crate time, so.... Anyways, it never got done. And because I never made that post, I never posted at all.

The same thing went for my Christmas decorations, since I couldn't get it all done at once, I didn't start. In my mind it had to be done perfectly and since I couldn't- well- then why bother?

Perfectionism sucks.

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

Hey Diva...I am so far removed from being a perfectionist, I can't even tell ya.

I say, post what ya have and if folks don't like it...tell them where to go and how to get there!

Welcome back, my friend!

Country Girl said...

I am so not a perfectionist. I used to think I was one, but I was wrong on that count.
Love your writing, though. You shoulda done the post.