dlyn had a blog about her interview with Country Girl Kate who did an interview meme/project with Daryl, who had done it with Willow Manor. It goes back from there too. If you want to be interviewed, read on and find out how you can be interviewed too!
1. What inspired you to move to where you live now and seek a simpler way of life than a lot of people have?
Well that's a multiple part question. How did we end up in NorthEast Ohio? FarmerGeek got an awesome job out here. How did we end up on this particular homestead? Due in large part to an awesome real estate agent named Connie Cochran. As for the simple life, I've always been obsessed with growning things in the backyard. When FarmerGeek and I were dating, I used to pull out weeds in his front yard to relieve stress. That lead me to an issue of Mother Earth News about gardening, which lead me to want chickens, which lead us (eventually) to where we are now. Pretty much, we don't want to be beholden to anybody for anything. We don't want to have to trust a bank for our home, a company for our heat, or water, or anything. Our money isn't just to buy things, it's what my husbands earns for working hard. No one else has a right to our money- they didn't work for it, they didn't earn it.
2. Where did you and your husband meet?
It's true, we also met in a bar while handing out religious tracts to sinners. (Hey at least the bar part is true.) He was wearing my shoes at one point. And we weren't drunk.
3. In your seven things post you mention wanting to write a book - what genre/subject and have you started it yet?
I have three books going on right now. One's a little booklet that I'm hoping Storey will pick up all about cooking with eggs and recipes that include many eggs. The second is a humorous look about a suburban family moving to the country that's hesitantly entitled "How To Move To the Country Without Pissing Your Neighbors Off". The third book I'm writing is inspirational fiction about a woman who's going through the journey of infertility and how it's affecting her relationship with God.
4. What inspired you to begin blogging and what plans do you have for your blog?
Umm... this may sound weird, but I'm home alone during the day and I get these thoughts (or rants) in my head and I have to tell someone... ergo the blog. I used to keep a journal, but in my mind, I always edited things before I wrote them down, in case someone else would read it. I don't really have any plans for my blog, so I guess we'll see where it's heading
5. Describe a perfect day in your life.
The house would be clean. Laundry put away. There are definatley animals and kids running around. I would make a huge breakfast for everyone, and then we'd go play in the back forty- sledding or whatever- and then hang out watching movies at night. So Saturday was pretty close.
Here are the directions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions
Thanks dlyn for interviewing me!!!