Thursday, November 4, 2010

I know I keep saying it...

But I really oought to get back to blogging...

Here's our newest update- Our adoption finalized in September and we are the forever, permanent parents of Del (13) and Sparrow (who's now 7). FarmerGeek turned 30. We decided that public school simply wasn't working for our girls and put them in Catholic school, which in turn ended up not working for one Miss Del who will start homeschooling next week. For those of you who are interested in this sort of thing, we're using the Sonlight Curriculum. She really wants to learn more about American History, so we went with Core 3/4 which in some ways will be too young for her, but we can supplement with older books. I went with a younger curriculum because they have read a-louds which will promote our holding therapy.

Our garden did end up being a bust. The worst part is that the things that DID grow- certain minions would go out to play, pick them and leave them strewn about the yard.

By the way, I may be a Conservative, Christian, Homeschooling Mom- but I don't wear denim jumpers...

Oh and PS- Chuck Norris homeschools his kids- don't make fun of it...

No comments: