Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Royal Wedding

I'm sorry, I'm not a huge fan of anything British.  Really kinda makes me squick.  HOWEVER, this royal engagement has captured my imagination.  I mean, I really believe the story of their love- they met in college and fell in love, took time to grow up- split up- realized their love and are about to live happily ever after.  What gets me is the concept of a regular girl growing up to become queen.  I mean, can it get any more fairy tale than this?  I know they say Princess Di and Prince Charles had the "fairy tale" wedding, but really, this to me is way more fairy tale.  (No testing her virginity here- they lived together in college.)  Her parents were a pilot and a flight attendant who started a mail order business that made them millionaires.  They work hard.  (Or at least did- I'm sure they have minons now.) 

Now I'm a realist, chances are she did angle to meet him because he's the Prince.  But really, watching them together, they're so fluid together.  They took EIGHT YEARS to come to this point.  I think they trust the relationship and love.  It just blows my mind- I mean, his proposing wasn't even the life changing "will you marry me?" it was also a "Hey wanna be the Queen of England someday?"  How weird is that?  That's what captures my interest, probably everyone else too... but can you seriously imagine meeting a cute guy at college and falling in love and becoming the FREAKING QUEEN OF ENGLAND?  It's crazy! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the post...I like the way you write. And I agree that this whole Will or "Wills" and Kate thing is crazy...it was more so like they were crossing it off their list to get engaged more than anything else.

Cheryl Barker said...

Hi, I'm trying to visit a new blog every day before the end of the year, and today you're my new visit :) Came over from Pioneer Woman. Can't imagine becoming the Queen of England :) Blessings to you!

p.s. I've got pics of a pretty special wedding posted on my blog right now -- my daughter's! :)