Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's that time of the year again...

When I totally give up on the garden. I have fought a valiant fight, honest... we spread 50 POUNDS of milky spore to kill the Japanese beetles, I sprayed, He plucked, and yet they are here. Which is extra creepy when I hang out laundry. We never had to worry before about the evil little bastards also known as woodchucks, groundhogs, whistle pigs... Yet twice I've had to release the minions to chase them out of the garden- and that's the only the times I saw them. Then during a storm half a crabapple tree fell on our fence and took it out so our poultry is running free through ours and the neighbors yard and into my garden. The cukes are destroyed, the strawberries ravished, and the melons- Dear Lord, let's not even talk about the fate of the melons! Not only that- a piece of personal advice from the Diva Hick. NEVER PLANT A GARDEN WHERE SHEEP USED TO GRAZE! The stuff they eat (they poop out and it) spreads and is horribly pervasive, no matter what you do! Of course if certain chicken would stop making dust baths in the mulch I'd have a shot, but.....

Add to all of this 90+ days, shitty air quality, allergies, and asthma and I don't want to spend hours and hours repairing the damage.

Sigh, it's a good thing we have a farmer's market...

1 comment:

Shruti Jain said...

Great Blog :-)

Do visit my blog..
http://eworld-musiclove.blogspot.com/