Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Spring!


I decided to post this this morning instead of yesterday. As of the moment this is posted, it's officially SPRING! We made it through the winter! And this is what we get for it.

It's been a hard year with a lot of loss for us. This little bloom reminded me that there's always a spring after a winter. Always.

For those of you who don't know, FarmerGeek and I moved into this house at the end of last summer. By then, of course, all the spring blooms had wilted and were gone. So finding the little sprouts popping up through the dirt was doubly amazing. Finding flowers that had been planted by someone else last year (or even years before) was like a... like a...

Miracle.

1 comment:

RURAL said...

And a Happy Spring to you also. Is it not the most wonderful feeling to be able to say that?

It is coming, it will happen, the weather will warm up, I am sure of this. As sure as I know that the winter was a cold and nasty one.


Happy Spring.


Jen