Friday, December 31, 2010

Low-Fat Potato Soup

I found a recipe for Low-fat Potato Soup. You know- I just had to mess with it. And guess what- it worked. And I measured ALMOST everything! Yay me! (You do know however, I never measure spices and herbs- I just don't see the point.)

4-5 medium potatoes, smal diced
2 cans of chicken broth
Fresh Chives, chopped
1/2 cup of white wine (I used an open chablis)
2 Tbsp. Minced Garlic (I have to measure this- we're at the bottom of the jar.)
Paprika
Salt, Pepper, paprika, dill
1% milk (What I didn't measure- but I think it's to taste really. It was probably 3 cups.)


Finely dice the potatoes and cook in large pot with chicken broth, spices, garlic, and wine until tender. Now you can either keep the potatoes whole, mash some, or mash all. I have a feeling the amount of milk you use is dependent on if you mash up the potatoes- I left them whole and it was amazing. Now add the milk and make sure your burner is on low so the milk doesn't scald. (If you're feeling crazy- throw in some shredded cheddar here- it's allowed, really.) Heat until warm but don't boil and don't over heat! Serve with some extra chives on top.

And see the pretty Fiestaware I got from my mother-in-law for Christmas?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok Meg. You've convinced me. I'll try it out. Wonder how it will turn out with skim milk?

Bridgette